POST DOCTORAL RESEARCH FELLOW
The Center for Pain and the Brain (PAIN Research Group) is looking for a motivated investigator to join our multidisciplinary team comprised of leading pediatric neurologists, physician-scientists, psychologists, and researchers.
The Center for Pain and the Brain, spanning Harvard Medical School, Boston Children’s Hospital, McLean Hospital, The Martinos Center and Massachusetts General Hospital, is seeking a Post Doctoral Fellow to join our group. The Center encompasses a series of Neuroimaging projects including migraine, chronic pain, and pain in the operating room. We are seeking a highly motivated investigator that will be devoted to our neuroimaging programs; the appointment is for 1-2 years. The successful candidate should have ample experience in performing fMRI experiments and analyzing functional as well as morphological data. The position requires an individual that functions independently as the responsibility of the operation of the project will be mostly hers/his. The Fellow will also need to be resourceful to pursue assistance for the execution of the project within the Center and across institutions. Management duties include supervising a Research Assistant, recruitment of subjects, and IRB communication.
- An advanced degree (PhD, MD, or related).
- Experience with neuroimaging acquisition (clinical and/or healthy subjects).
- Extensive experience with neuroimaging analysis software (fsl, spm, afni, etc.).
- Prior publication (minimum in press or under review) using neuroimaging methods.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with animals; advantageous to select projects.